Friday, April 24, 2009

How do you take your coffee?

As I sit here typing away on my laptop and sipping an iced Americano from too long ago, I can’t help but feel excitement about this new project in my life. I love writing. I love coffee. Having the opportunity to write about coffee is almost too perfect for words. What’s more, I can’t believe that someone might actually read it, enjoy it and benefit from it.

This site will chronicle my never-ending quest to find the perfect cup of coffee. A natural perfectionist, I don’t settle for anything less than the best. I am constantly on the lookout for new and interesting coffee shops that serve up deliciously brewed coffee. Spontaneously I’ll pop into coffee shops to sample their offerings and pass judgment accordingly. This site will, I hope, help you to find what you are looking for in a perfect cup of coffee.

I will also report about home brewing products that I have tested personally. I love buying new coffee equipment to help make a better at home coffee brew. In today’s economy, I am finding that more people are preparing coffee at home instead of stopping at their local shop. I’ll let you know what works for me, what I find easy to use and what is a good purchase for the value.

In my past life I worked at a well-known national coffee chain. I attribute much of what I know about coffee to my experience there. As well, I read extensively about the craft of coffee brewing, beans and a litany of other coffee related topics. I don’t believe that the ideal cup of coffee will come from the push of a button, as so many of our coffee shops are using these days. I believe in a traditional approach to crafting a perfectly balanced cup of coffee. It won’t be easy, but I know it’s out there. I hope that you’ll join me in this search.

No comments:

Post a Comment